Reports to: Director, Institute for Applied Economics
Send Resume/CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Senior Economist of the LAEDC Institute for Applied Economics interfaces with all levels of LAEDC personnel, consulting clients, local communities, business executives and the larger external business community. Plans, designs, and conducts research to aid in interpretation of economic relationships and in solution of problems arising from production and distribution of goods and services by performing the following duties.
- Conduct cost-effective and profitable economic research and analysis for government, private, education and nonprofit clients.
- Develop statistical and econometric models for economic forecasting. SQL, Python, R, skills preferred keys to success in this role.
- Give presentations, provide testimony and conduct “on-the-record” press interviews, as appropriate.
- Prepare reports and projects for clients (research design, data collection, analysis and narrative).
- Direct efforts of department economists and analysts as needed.
- Continually develop expertise in regional analysis, specifically economic impact analysis, including staying abreast of the newest tools, platforms and software of the trade to improve products offered by the Institute.
- Project management from proposal through delivery to ensure timely delivery of projects in good form.
- Ensure all activities support the LAEDC’s mission, goals and objectives.